HOF2Lap News & Recent Changes
Version 0.56.5, January 2000
- Shows slomo duration for each lap, and max PO only in summary.
- Weight should always be correct now.
Version 0.56.4, 12 January 2000
Shows tyre wear value from track file.
Version 0.56.3, 09 January 2000
- Duration above 100% for race is now the average of all laps instead of only the fastest lap.
- Small update regarding GP2Lap 1.12/1.13.
- Fixed Fkey summary.
Version 0.56.2, 13 November 1999
- Fixed indication of toggling behind help keys used (was the wrong way round).
- Should be able to load GP2Video 1.1 saved games.
Version 0.56.1, 10 October 1999
Added team and engine name to normal output.
Version 0.56.0, 10 October 1999
- Fixed a bug in -d output when car #40 was used.
- Added driver names to -d output.
- Summary now correctly sorted.
Version 0.55.1, 1 September 1999
Analog/digital indication should be 100% reliable now (for both hotlaps and saved games).
Possible indications are:
This indicates the use of keys or joystick buttons.
- digital joystick.
A joystick axis was selected as the device in the control settings, and the mode was
set to "switched" (used for e.g. joypads). This means the input is digital, even if it's
an analog joystick.
A joystick axis was selected as the device, and the mode was set to "analog".
Version 0.55.0, 28 July 1999
- Added support for GP2Lap .GLx files.
- Multiplayer games are now processed correctly.
- Improved detection of joypad, which sometimes was recognized as having analog steering.
- Removed CC checksum until it's fixed.
Version 0.54.0, 2 April 1999
- Added support for new features in GP2Lap 1.06: computer car (CC) checksum, and some extra flags.
- Added tyre grip to lap data. This is a dynamic value, dependant on tyre temperature and tyre wear.
- Custom track names are now shown correctly (only if it was saved with GP2Lap 1.06 or newer).
- If GP2Lap 1.06 or newer was used, (re)loaded games will now contain data for all laps, but the
PO data is unavailable for the loaded lap.
Version 0.53.1, 2 Februari 1999
- Fixed fastest race lap time.
- Added digital/analog for saved games. Note that this information is less reliable than for a hotlap.
Version 0.53.0, 9 December 1998
- Changed authcode for usage with HOF2.5 (and HOF2.5 only).
- Added number of F1, F4 and F7 changes.
- Besides 'on' and 'off', help options (F1-F7) can have be both on and off: if there's a '*' behind
it then that option was changed during a lap or race.
Version 0.52.3, 24 October 1998
- Added qualifying time and race time for saved races.
- Workaround for incorrect checksums due to bug in GP2Lap v1.01
(checksums for this version will have a '??' as last two digits, ignore these).
- Added language version of gp2.exe (GP2Lap v1.02+ files only).
Version 0.52.2, 13 October 1998
- Fixed driving aids for saved game (was broken in 0.52.0).
- Added printing of fastest lap time in race in normal data too (GP2Lap only).
- Note to everyone interested in grip: the grip value (from car settings in GP2Edit) is
part of the 'init' checksum, visible with options -v -d. If the grip is edited, this
checksum will be different.
Version 0.52.1, 10 October 1998
- First lap PO data will now be ignored for summary.
Version 0.52.0, 10 October 1998
- Added dumping of all GP2Lap extended information (use option -d).
Version 0.51.0, 4 October 1998
- Printing of PO for a saved game is now the average/maximum of the whole race.
Version 0.50.0, 26 September 1998
- Support for GP2Lap extended hotlaps and saved games.
- GP2Lap extended files only: The lap time shown should always be correct now,
even when it's not the fastest of the session.
- GP2Lap extended files only: Added printing of average and maximum
processor occupancy during the lap,
- Removed printing of grip.
Version 0.40 (not publicly released)
- Added detection of steering help and opposite lock help. Thanks to
Frank Ahnert for finding it.
3 June 1998
- Hof2lap is taken over by René Smit (me). I'd like to thank Dave for
the pioneering work he has done by making GP2 a better game. Thanks!
Version 0.30.1, 15 February 1998
- Support for more file types (for example, .UPx and .CHx).
Version 0.30.0, 31 January 1998
- Fixed display of setup when hot lap comes from either a race or a
pre-race practice session, and the seperate race and qualifying setups
option is turned off.
- Added display of race distance for files from race sessions.
- Improved consistency and formatting slightly.
Version 0.29.3, 28 January 1998
- Added ability to display AI car setups.
Version 0.29.2, 26 January 1998
- Added missing newline before setup in race output.
Version 0.29.1, 22 January 1998
Version 0.29, 1 December 1997
- Corrected spelling of "amateur".
Version 0.28, 5 November 1997
- Fixed -t option so it works again.
Version 0.27, 29 October 1997
- Fixed .RAx handling so it gets the aids right.
- Added ability to read track names from a file.
Version 0.26, 28 October 1997
- Reinstated idenitification of digital joysticks.
Version 0.25, 20 October 1997
- Added experimental .RAx file examination.
Version 0.24, 20 April 1997
- Change all the addresses to point to the new HOF2Lap home page.
- Re-enable authentication code for other competitions.
- Don't bother generating auth code, since HOF2 is dead.
Version 0.21 (not publicly released)
- New email address for HOF2Lap email, <email@example.com>.
Version 0.20 (short-term bug fix release)
- Removed a debug message inadvertantly left in.
- Documentation fixes only.
- Don't try to identify digital joysticks - it doesn't work because of
what looks like calibration drift.
Version 0.17 (not publicly released)
- Attempt to identify digital joysticks being used in a non-switched
- First stab at supporting multiple driver selections.
- Changes to this documentation only.
- Changed which lap time we use once again. There probably isn't a
"right" choice. *sigh*
- Should really get correct driver name now. :-)
- Always get correct car number and driver name.
- Changes to this documentation only.
- Added the -t option for terse output.
Version 0.10 (not publicly released)
- Output a single giant authentication code when processing multiple laps in
- Use the race setup if the lap was from pre-race practice or a race.
- Correctly identify laps which were disqualified during qualifying. When
such a lap is found, no information is produced because the game does not
store the lap time in the hot lap file.
- Handle aids correctly even when GP2.EXE has been edited, or if
they're changed during a lap.
- Fixed analog/digital control codes in authentication code.
- Added detection of driver name.
- Ignored "after" data because it's frequently "wrong".
- Display engine power as BHP instead of max RPM.
- Made "quiet" mode quieter.
- Added detection of grip.
- Display of weight before as well as after.
- Made the listing a bit more compact.
Version 0.3 (not publicly released)
- Fixed bug which sometimes turned up the wrong lap and split times.
- Renamed BHP to max RPM.
- Added detection of car weight.