HOFxLap version 3.15
Copyright (c) 2000-2014 René Smit
You may not redistribute HOFxLap via any media or for any purpose without
the express permission of the authors.
This software is provided as is without warranty of any kind, either
expressed or implied. The author will not be held responsible for any
losses incurred, either directly or indirectly, by the use of this program.
What is HOFxLap
HOFxLap is a program that dumps details from a GP3/GP3-2000/GP4 hotlap or saved game
to the console.
HOFxLap should currently work with all versions of GP3, GP3-2000 and GP4. If you have
trouble getting it to work with your version then please let me know.
There is no installation procedure. Simply copy all files to anywhere you'd like.
hofxlap.exe [-v<verbosity>] <file> [<file> ...]
Wildcards are allowed to specify multiple files. The default verbosity is 3.
Alternatively, you can use a GUI version of HOFxLap, which shows
the same output in notepad-like frames. Add files by either opening
them or by dragging and dropping them onto the HOFxLapW window.
Currently, HOFxLap outputs the following info:
- GPx version.
- If the file is a hotlap or saved game.
- Track name.
- Opposition level.
- Opposition standard.
- -: all the same.
- /: normal performance levels.
- ~: random.
- Race type.
- Session mode.
- Race percentage and total number of laps (if session mode is a race).
- Number of minutes and number of minutes left (if session mode is qualify or limited practise session).
- Weather type and actual chance of rain (if weather type is custom).
- Car number.
- Driver, team and engine name.
- Car power (BHP). By default, the maximum power is 800 BHP for GP3, 810 BHP for GP3-2000, and 855 BHP for GP4.
- Car weight (kg). By default, the dry weight is 605 kg. For hotlaps, this value is from the start of the hotlap.
- Fuel laps (as shown in the cockpit). For hotlaps, this value is from the start of the hotlap.
- Frame rate.
- Lap time for a hotlap; Fastest lap time for a saved game.
- For a race session in a saved game:
- Number of laps done.
- Race time (at the last cross of the s/f line) and race position.
- Qualify lap time and grid position.
- Fastest lap time and fastlap position.
- Driving aids F1 to F8. The state is shown as it was at the start of the hotlap for a hotlap,
and the moment of saving the game for saved game.
The aids are represented as follows:
This is optionally followed by a * if the aid was toggled
during the hotlap.
- --- if the aid is masked away due to opposition level.
- off if the aid was off at the end of the hotlap.
- on if the aid was on at the end of the hotlap.
- Clutch, brake, throttle, and steering device, mode, and low
- Steering help percentage, max. lock, and reduce with car speed
- Setup: front/rear wing, brake balance, gear ratios, differential, front/rear antiroll-bar, and tyre type.
Wheel settings (order LF, RF, LR, RR): packers, dampers
(fast bump / fast rebound / slow bump / slow rebound), springs, ride height, and plank wear.
Pitstop strategy (race only): number of pitstops, pitstop percentages.
- Extended GPxLap data: checksums, custom track names, pitlane speed limit, and specific data for each lap
like lap times, split times, processor occupancy, toggling of driving help, position, fuel, and tyre wear.
- Version 3.15, 05-Oct-2014
- Added indication of all wheels off track excluding kerbs, logged by GPxPatch 4.30+.
- Version 3.14, 21-Jan-2004
- Also shows data of car if it's out of the race.
- Shows pitstop time if player car is making a pitstop and for GP4 if the pitstop bug was fixed.
- Shows minimum and maximum speed each lap logged by GPxPatch 3.56.
- Version 3.13, 30-Aug-2003
- Showing if save/restore car state feature was enabled.
- Added support for quicklaps files.
- Fixed gpxlap_stat_f5 to be gpxlap_stat_f7 in alternative output.
- Version 3.12, 31-May-2003
- Fixed setup shown twice for hotlaps.
- Fixed fastest lap position for GP3-2000.
- Version 3.11, 19-May-2003
- Improved tyre wear accuracy (thanks Yuri Kuznetsov).
- Added gpxlap_stat_fast_laptime, gpxlap_stat_fast_laptime_s1, gpxlap_stat_fast_laptime_s2,
gpxlap_stat_fast_lap, gpxlap_stat_pitstop_laps, and gpxlap_stat_weight to alternative output.
- Showing number of cars in free practice (gpxlap_freepracticecars).
- Showing highest number of wheels off track each lap (gpxlap_stat_offtrack_wheels).
File should have been saved by GPxPatch 3.36 or higher.
- Showing if in-car setup change feature was used.
File should have been saved by GPxPatch 3.40 or higher (not available yet).
- Version 3.10, 18-Jan-2003
- Added support for GP4 1.02.
- Added plank wear to car setup output (verbosity level 4 and higher).
- Added tyre wear to GPxLap lap output (verbosity level 4 and higher).
- Fixed help changed yes/no in alternative output.
- Fixed bug reading games saved between sessions, which resulted in a crash.
- Version 3.02, 20-Aug-2002
- Shows frame rate at start of weekend/session and if it changed afterwards.
- Version 3.01, 04-Jul-2002
- Saves setup as GP4 setup if saved game/hotlap is from GP4.
- Shows GP4 7th gear ('-' if turned off).
- Won't show SDur from GPxPatch 3.00 (because it's incorrect).
- Version 3.00, 02-Jul-2002
- Added support for GP4.
- Shows split times (in GUI always, in console only with -vX where X not equal to 3).
- Shows 5/5,5/5 instead of old differential setting for GP3-2000 and GP3 if an old GP3 setup was loaded.
- Version 2.01, 18-Mar-2002
- Shows failures in -a output.
- Shows random seed that was used by GPxSet in GPxPatch.
- Shows GP3-2000 differential settings.
- Version 2.00b, 28-Feb-2002
- Added cc checksum to alternative output (-a option).
- Version 2.00a, 3-Feb-2002
- Removed trailing 'h' from cc checksum.
- Version 2.00, 2-Feb-2002
- Works with GP3-2000.
- Works with GPxPatch 2.10.
- Better version checking of loaded file.
- Fixed bug reading .CHx games.
- Will refuse to process files with incorrect checksum.
- Will tell if car is out of the race.
- Will tell if the car has had a failure, and if yes, which one in which lap.
- Option to save setup (hofxlapw only).
- F-key toggle detection disabled for gp3-2000 saved games (not hotlaps).
- Version 1.05, 13-Aug-2001
- Added an option to HOFxLapW to change the font.
- Version 1.04, 13-Apr-2001
- Fixed car number.
- Version 1.03, 05-Apr-2001
- Shows what failures were set (realism options). Needs GPxLap 1.02+.
- Alternative GPxLap output.
- Complete car setup in alternative output.
- Switched to R/F brake balance (was F/R).
- Race time and number of laps also correct when race was saved after hotlap was saved.
- Shows car number instead of car id.
- Shows correct lap time for hotlap even if it was not the fastest. Needs GPxLap.
- Version 1.02, 26-Jan-2001
- Added support for GPxLap extended data.
- HOFxLapW can now open multiple files at once from the File|Open dialog.
- Added filter for tracks/hotlaps/saved games in HOFxLapW.
- Version 1.01, 02-Dec-2000
- Solved crash when game was saved before cockpit was ever entered. In this case, no car specific info will be shown.
- Player car also found after session is completed or if car DNF.
- Show the number of laps done in the race (for saved game in race session only). It's located right before the race time.
- For hotlap, use the car state at the start (so weight is higher now than in v1.00!).
- This also means the driving aids are now shown as they were at the start of the hotlap.
- Added fuel laps (also at start of the lap for a hotlap).
- Fixed the qualify time, and show it as n/a for quickrace or if it was skipped.
- Added opposition standard.
- Added grid position and fastlap position.
- Added race type.
- Added number of laps done in race, and the total number of laps.
- Added total minutes in session and time remaining (qualify/practise).
- Added weather type and rain chance.
- Added GP3 version.
- Added a GUI version, which simply shows the output in a window.
- Version 1.00, 25-Nov-2000
- First release. Shows lap time, control method info, driving aids, setup, and more.
- Detection if aid has been toggled not reliable for saved games.
Thanks to the following people for help, testing and suggestions (in alphabetical order):
Marc Aarts, Anton Dachounine, Faffy, Glenn, Dimitry Gerards, Yuri Kuznetsov, Dan Robichaud,
Daniel Ryan, Ian Steel, Willem van der Steen.
Contacting and updates
All bug reports, complaints and suggestions should be sent to:
The latest version can be retrieved from: